Thursday, November 4, 2010

You sneaky son of a bitch....life....you did it again

Words words words.
Sometimes it's all we have...all we need...and all we can do to get by. Speak words. Think words. Want words. Need words. Crave words. Curse words. Hate words. Love words. Desire words. Loathe words. Words. Sticks and stones.....but words....

Again. Death. Snarled it's grizzly teeth....roared and screeched it's rotten stench into the quiet beauty of my chaotic life.

And what a beautiful soul it stole in it's thoughtless scavenger hunt amongst us meek humans.

We are all breakable, irreplaceable, delicate little souls doing our duty on this earth...working our way through this life until we get to the next.

Sometimes we feel a pain so deep that it slices through our timid little souls and hushes our ability to think logically....and we lose ourselves...to ourselves.

So many good memories my friend, but not nearly enough. As the days pass I'm beginning to remember our youth together and things that were said. Things that I didn't pay as much creed to as I didn't know your time would be so limited.

For the first time in my life...I am struggling to write about...my dear friend. I can't write about you. It hits too close to home.

Just know...that I know...and you knew that I knew...how it feels. But you taught me to not let it consume me....and I won't.

As I swallow back this lump of tears...I vow that I will pay tribute to you with words when the right words surface to existence.

But know...as I know you know...how loved you are. And I have love. Love I never knew...or always knew? You sneaky son of a bitch....life. It can bleed us dry, can't it?

I won't do as you did...but I will do as you told me. I will savor our chats and your words of wise beyond your years wisdom. I will love and protect those you loved and protected. It's the least I can do....

So party amongst the souls in the glorious party in the sky......and keep watch over us all.

For once in my life...I'm left speechless.

No comments: